[Yanel-dev] SitetreeDOMImpl

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Mar 8 18:42:29 CET 2010

simon wrote:
> hi all
>
> for a long time i would like to implement a sitetree editor. to start
> i implement the missing methods within NodeDOMImpl. when i started to
> write a test for it, i noticed something strange. AFAIU the
> SitetreeDOMImpl it expects/creates a a sitetree xml like this:
>
> <sitetree xmlns="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/sitetree/1.0">
>  <node name="name of node">
>    <label/>
>  </node>
> </sitetree>
>
> but all the sitetree.xml (yanel-website, from-scratch-realm etc.) i
> found within yanel looking like this:
>
> <sitetree xmlns="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/1.0">
>  <node href="de/index.html">
>    <name>Home</name>
>  </node>
> </sitetree>
>

> not sure what's the conclusion.

I think it's a bug. I will have a look at it.
> but i think the SitetreeDOMImpl doesn't make much sense at the moment.
> i'm wondering if this SitetreeDOMImpl has ever been used actually.

definitely, but I am afraid mainly within customer projects, whereas I
will improve it within the public realms

> i think we should create a schema for a yanel sitetree and make the
> SitetreeDOMImpl fits this schema.

I agree that we need a schema, but we need to deduce it from the
SitetreeDOMImpl, because otherwise we might
break backwards compatibility.

Btw, I will soon start to implement a sitetree editor for one of our
customers, whereas it might not be totally generic, but
I am happy to share as much as possible. I can send you the spec offline
and you might want to tell me then how much
of it you want to re-use or how much we can develop together.

Cheers

Michi