docs on the various resource-types.xml files (was: Re: [Yanel-dev] exception handling in Ant tasks)

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Mon Apr 12 11:49:59 CEST 2010

Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>> Guillaume Déflache wrote:
[...]
> I had other problems because I thought the resource-types.xml has to be
> placed directly under the realm directory (where build.xml is located)
> whereas it has to be in the same directory as the realm configuration
> file (e.g. realm.xml).

Added to
http://localhost:8080/yanel/yanel-website/en/documentation/configuration/resource-types_xml.html
in r48705.

[...]
>>> It was a misformulation from my side, I should have written
>>> "spent quite some time wondering why my resource-type was not taken
>>> into account" instead of "spent quite some time wondering why my
>>> resource-type was not found".
>>> I am aware this file is not mandatory.
>>
>> ok, maybe you want to add this to the documentation
>
> I will.

Ditto.

>>> We certainly could expand
>>> http://www.yanel.org/en/documentation/configuration/resource-types_xml.html
>>> with a rationale for the example and at

Ditto.

>>> $YANELHOME/conf/local/local.resource-type.xml in the "Register New
>>> Resource" section suggest to use $REALM_DIR/resource-types.xml
>>> instead of $YANEL_HOME/conf/local/local.resource-types.xml

I refrained on doing that for now because it's not simpler for newbies,
because I am not sure that the resource-types.xml file of new realms is
created by default, and so you would have to put it manually just in the
right place with the right name.

>>> Should I do that now?
>>
>> yes, that would be great
>
> OK, doing that now.
>
> I'll add another simpler example for project-specific resource-types.xml
> files (taken from the from-scratch realm) as the existing one is rather
> lengthy.

Done that too.

> BTW I noticed that for project-specific resource-types.xml files on
> 'resource-type' elements:
> - AFAICS the 'src' attributes do not have to end with "/" to work
> - the paths for these attributes are also really relative to the
> directory where the realm configuration file (e.g. realm.xml) is, not to
> the realm directory (where build.xml is)
> I will document the second point, but I won't document the first as I am
> not so sure it works in all cases (with 'copy-dir-name' attribute for
> example) so I will only experiment that on my current project and see if
> it goes well.

Did just as suggested.