[Yanel-dev] Multiple xml-apis libs version

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Fri Sep 4 11:41:55 CEST 2009

Hi!

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I just noticed that there are multiple xml-apis libs within WEB-INF/lib.

I am actually not sure we even need one XML APIs library: AFAICS Java 5
provide everything it contains through its bundled JAXP 1.3 ( cf.
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/xml/jaxp/ReleaseNotes_150.html#identifying
): SAX 2.0.2, DOM 3, and the JAXP API (javax.**, which should only be
loaded from the JDK unless you explicitely want a new JAXP, which you
then should probably add as an endorsed library as it is part of the JDK).

Of course if any XML-related library (Xerces, Xalan, Saxon, ...) needs a
higher version of the API, then hopefully it is defined correctly as a
Maven dependency, and if the dependency is superfluous because of Java 5
or wrong we may want to try the exclusion mechanism here as well.

WDYT?

On an unrelated note, Java 5 seems to provide a XInclude implementation
that we perhaps could use instead/in addition of our own (very
incomplete) one.

Cheers,
    Guillaume