[Yanel-dev] New XMLDB repository

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Tue Feb 13 03:31:02 CET 2007

Michael Wechner wrote:
[...]
> from my guts I think Yanel should not have to care what kind of data
> it's piping through, but maybe my guts tell my something wrong ;-)
>
> How is JCR handling this?

In JCR, data is stored in properties which have a type. A property of
type 'binary' provides getInputStream and setInputStream methods.
There is also the property type 'string' which provides getString and
setString methods, although I doubt that this is meant for storing
complete xml documents.
However, JCR allows to store the mimetype along with the actual data (in
a second property), so the repository basically could know what kind of
data is being read/written.
BTW, our node-based repo allows that, too. There are get-/setMimeType
methods. But the repo does not force you to use that, and in particular
it does not force you to set the mimetype before you write the data.
ATM I'm not sure if that could solve our problem.

josias