[Yanel-dev] UpdateManager / AutoDeploy

simon litwan simon.litwan at wyona.com
Fri Apr 27 17:15:57 CEST 2007

Josias Thöny schrieb:
> Hi Simon and all,
>
> Maybe we could use the auto-deploy feature of tomcat for the update
> manager, see:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/deployer-howto.html#Deploying%20on%20a%20running%20Tomcat%20server
>

> There would be a descriptor file for yanel, pointing to the fs location
> of the webapp:
> $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/yanel.xml
>
> Then yanel would overwrite that file, to make it point to the "new"
> yanel, and tomcat would automatically reload the webapp.
this just would solve the reload issue but not the problem of geting
lost while renaming resp. overwrite. with this redeploy approach we
still would need a yanel-manager right?

it's a bit like sawing the branch where you sit on. so we need another
branch/servlet while sawing/updating.

> Or something like that...
> WDYT?
this looks good.