[Yanel-dev] Implementing publishing resp. replication

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Apr 19 16:50:12 CEST 2007

Hi

Since we have started on the workflow integration, we will quickly get
to the question how we implement the actual
"replication", either through (S)FTP or SCP resp. how we trigger this.

I think the experience from Lenya taught us, that it is a good thing to
separate the hitting of the publish button from the actual replication,
e.g. through e queue (for various reasons ;-)

I think we keep it this way, but one might ask how this shall be
implemented. In the case of Lenya one just writes some files
onto the filesystem within the a configurable directory. Maybe we should
implement this a bit more sophisticated with a service interface,
whereas the default implementation could still be writing onto the
filesystem, but would also allow other implementations.

WDYT?

Cheers

Michi

--